At the 2017 Annual Meeting the Society was proud to announce the following prize winners:
- Distinguished Fellow of the History of Economics Society: Philip Mirowski (University of Notre Dame)
- Joseph J. Spengler Best Book Prize: Thomas “Tim” Leonard (Princeton University): Illiberal Reformers: Race, Eugenics, and American Economics in the Progressive Era, Princeton University Press, 2016
- Joseph Dorfman Best Dissertation Prize: Andrej Svorenčík (University of Mannheim): “The Experimental Turn: A History of Experimental Economics”, University of Utrecht, 2015
- Craufurd Goodwin Best Article in the History of Economics Prize: Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak (Federal University of Minas Gerais): “Trade, Money, and the Grievances of the Commonwealth: economic debates in England during the commercial crisis of the early 1620’s”, History of Economic Ideas, 2016
- Recognition for overseeing the development of the new HES website: Pedro Garcia Duarte (University of São Paulo)
The Society also takes the opportunity to thank all committee members for their work.